Looking for some new music to play? Here are some ideas from The Beat Harvest students.
Each year, we offer two scholarships for high school students to participate in the Beat Harvest program. These scholarships last for one year and cover 80% of the tuition fees. Students only have to pay the remaining 20% ($5 per lesson). Scholarships are funded by donations at our live shows. To apply for a scholarship, please complete a scholarship application form and click ‘Submit’. The application deadline is Monday, December 14th 2020. Get in touch if you have questions.
Using Zoom for lessons or performance? Watch this first.
We refuse to let a global pandemic stop us from enjoying some great music! And the best part is, you don’t even have to leave your home to join the fun! So put on your favorite casual attire, grab some snacks, sit back and enjoy an eclectic evening of video performances from the Beat Harvest students. It’ll be just like MTV in 80’s.Continue reading “Online Student Show – Wednesday September 30th at 7:00pm”
During the Covid-19 pandemic, we will be offering online video lessons in place of your regular, private lessons for guitar, bass and ukulele. These will be at the same time as your regular lessons, but you’ll be able to take your lesson from the comfort of your own home. Drummers, it doesn’t work so well for you so I have some other options for you below.Continue reading “The Beat Harvest goes online”
What a great day in the Mariposa Arts Park! Our spring student show was a glorious celebration of all that we’ve been working on for the past few months and our community came out in droves to cheer us on. Thank you to all the performers, the volunteers and everyone who came out to hear us.
We are pleased to announce that singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Gail Dreifus will be joining the Beat Harvest instructor family in January 2019. Gail draws on her musical expertise and classroom teaching experience to provide creative and inspiring instruction infused with pure, contagious joy. Gail is doing ukulele, guitar, vocal and piano lessons in Mariposa. Visit the ‘Instructors‘ page to find out more and get in touch with her.
Songwriting kids in Mariposa are helping people impacted by the Detwiler fire. ‘What’s Waiting For Me?’ was written and recorded by children at a summer music program organized by the Mariposa County Arts Council and Mariposa County Parks and Recreation. They also made musical instruments out of trash that are featured on the recording. Download the song for $1 and we’ll donate all the profits to the Mariposa Community Foundation to help people impacted by the fire.
Each year, we offer two scholarships for high school students to participate in the Beat Harvest program. These scholarships last for one year and cover 75% of the tuition fees. Students only have to pay the remaining 25% ($5 per lesson). Scholarships are funded by donations at our live shows and from this page.
Over the year, students will develop the skills they need to perform and write music on guitar, bass, drums, ukulele or electronic instruments. They will also learn how to record their music, organize live shows and promote their work so that when they leave school, they will have all the skills they need to bring their musical projects to life.
If you are a high school student in Mariposa County and would like to apply for a Beat Harvest scholarship, please visit the ‘Scholarship‘ page and complete the application form.
The application deadline for the next round of sholarships is Monday, June 5th 2017.